Sunday, August 28, 2011

Natalie & JD

Natalie and JD were referred to me by a great friend and client, and I recently did their engagement pictures. I am soooo thankful that it was a gorgeous day out this time, I think it was 106 degrees at 8 p.m. when we did their engagement pictures. Yesterday, the sky was full of "insanely awesome" gorgeous light during their fun pictures and it was about 80 degrees with a nice breeze.

The wedding was located at Lake Darling in Brighton, Iowa. There was this awesome lodge that they rented, it was the perfect size for the crowd they had and like I said it was perfect. We rode the "butterstick" which is an hawkeye decorated yellow RV to Fairfield to do the fun pictures, we shot at the square, a bunch of alleys and some fun buildings that we found along the way.

Here are some pictures of their day. Enjoy!

the dress. Gorgeous detail and it looked like it was super comfortable in this summer weather.


putting on the pearls, there was a really special story behind them.


I love everything about this shot. From the look on her face, to the textured wall behind her and the contrast of her dress. Everything!

the whole group!





I think this might be my favorite picture I've come across so far.


This little doll was hard to catch--he thought it was a game to get his picture. But I was dying to get a picture of his dirty face :). Here he showed me his kung pow moves.



This was a fun candid of Natalie's grandma taking pictures of some of the guests. I had the honor of sitting with her for awhile and talking to her. What a wonderful lady. :)


JD and Natalie, it was an honor to spend the day with you guys and to get to know your family a little bit. Hope you are having a great time on your honeymoon!


No comments: