Wednesday, May 16, 2012

About me...

In the past few years, my business has grown from a tiny business I could do out of my home photographing my family and friends, to a rather large business that I grow out of my studio in Oskaloosa, Iowa.  I would love to re-introduce myself to followers of my blog and website if you are a new to Forever Photography or new to me :)

My name is Kelly Stevens-Comstock, I am married to my wonderful husband Terry and I have three wonderful kids, 2 boys, 1 girl.  I have always loved photography. Always!   I am passionate about wanting to capture your children just as they are at a particular stage of their life. I let them run and play and be themselves. I am even super silly at the sessions too. I say it's because I want them to be comfortable in front of the camera but in all reality, I just can't help it-I am just a kid myself. :)

I love making new friends and I love it when clients turn into friends too! Since I started my business, I have watched several kids grow up, from doing their mama's maternity pictures all the way through their first few years of life. When I see you that often, you become part of my family and I love it when your kids take off running to give me a hug when you let them out of your car. It's times like this that I realize how powerful my job is and how incredibly lucky I am to do what I am doing.

I love warm weather (summer is my favorite time of the year!) I love sitting outside at night around a camp fire taking in the warm nights, the sounds and smells of nature. I think it is paradise! My favorite place in the whole wide world is beside my husband at a camp fire.

I change my hair color constantly... I love love love experimenting with my hair, from black with purple streaks, to red, to blonde, to all of the colors of the rainbow at one time, I love hair color.  I can promise you, it will never look the same from one session to the next. That is the artist in me.

Anyway, I would love to meet you, get to know your children and your family, and I would love to have you join the Forever Photography family and be part of this beautiful family I have grown to love over the last five years. 

I leave this blog post with a picture my 9 year old daughter took of me a few weeks ago. I was afraid she might be better behind the camera than I am and I might just be right!

No comments: